On June 19, 2020 monroe county will be green
and we will be able to re-open our doors
“I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By accepting this appointment I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.”
“I understand that my name and contact information might be shared with the state health department in the event that a client or practitioner at this facility tests positive for COVID-19. My contact details will only be shared in the event they are relevant based on suspected exposure date, and only for appropriate follow-up by the health department.”
FOR THE PROTECTION OF ALL
PA state laws require client & licensed massage therapist to wear a face mask at all times during treatment and to physical distance at 6 feet (when not in service).
You will need to have your own mask to enter the wellness center to receive your service.
If you have had any of the following symptoms in the past 2 weeks we will need to cancel your service.
Please contact us ASAP at 570-421-5014
MAP will apply a COVID-19 / 24 hour cancellation policy waiver in the case of any symptoms the day of service.
Thank you for your understanding in a time of serious health concerns. We have implemented all PA state and Federal CDC protocol.
We will provide you with our limited menu of service to allow you to relax while feeling confident you are in good hands. It is advised to use hand sanitizer pre and post service.
A note from the owner
I hope this finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health.
By its very nature, massage and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and facility. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all our clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
My wellness center and school follow the Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect all clients, staff & their family. I wanted to communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
We all look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every client, safe in our establishment. To make an appointment, please call Massage Academy at 570-421-5014 or book online.
Thank you for your commitment to us. Myself and my staff value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Stay Safe, Stay Well.
Peace and Blessings,
Vicki Owner/ Director
- When you arrive please be on time to ensure we do not have too many clients on the way in and out, this will cause a backup at the reception area. We have staggered services and added more time between services to help keep this flow comfortable for all clients. We need to keep our scheduled services on time to be sure we have the proper time to turn over the treatment room.
- There is a hand-hygiene station that we will ask you to use when you enter the center. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the building for you to use as needed.
- We will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone or booked online. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage / or any service. The face mask needs to be on for the duration of the massage / service. The therapist will wear one as well.
- We will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage/ or services from this practitioner.”
- We are scheduled to open on Friday June 19, 2020. Please note we have a limited menu as we navigate the new norms. We will not offer any service longer than 60 minutes to limit the 1 to 1 physical distancing time per service. Face massage will not be performed in your treatment. As COVID starts to calm, we will revisit all the COVID-19 recommended standards of practice. Every decision will be carefully thought out with your safety in mind. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
- Most of our staff are able to return but some are not ready. Please be patient as we try to revive and bring back staff our normal capacities. Safety for all is the focus.
- We will still need a credit card to book on the phone or online. We will ask if we can use the card on file to try to limit the transfer of credit cards, cash or checks. A tip can be added to the card, but if you prefer to offer a cash tip please have the amount ready to limit the handling of change. We will provide a small tip envelope you can write the therapist name- seal and we will have them put into the tip box.
- Pens will have a clean and used container to limit reuse between clients. They will be sprayed & UV sanitized throughout the day.
- Some rooms have HEPA filters, we will use UV filters throughout the day as rooms are in “rest and sanitize” mode.
- We will not offer cups of water to try to limit any cross contamination. So please remember to hydrate, maybe keep water in your car for after your service.
- The relaxation room will be used for clients only, please do not bring a friend or family member to wait inside. We have capacity limits and we will control them by the number of appointments and our LMT’s on staff.
- We are all in need of the many benefits massage therapy can offer, but we want to take it slow. We hope to eventually open at the new norm capacity moving forward.