Massage School FAQs
Massage Academy of the Poconos: An Overview
The MAP Massage Therapy program consists of an extensive, 670-hour program that will lead to a diploma in Massage Therapy. (We offer several different times and choices that will enable you to complete school and “have a life” at the same time.) We have one main goal for All Students: to offer a very thorough and extensive course of study in Massage Therapy for entry-level positions.
- Graduate well-educated, caring professionals to meet the growing need for qualified massage therapists.
- Work competently with other health care providers.
- Increase the public awareness of the positive benefits of Massage Therapy.
- Provide an ethical framework from which to practice your new profession.
- Give the student a strong business acumen to ensure success.
- Prepare the student to sit for the (MBLEX) Licensing Exam.
Admissions: Process / Requirements
Applicants must submit completed Application Form, a completed Enrollment Agreement, along with a non-refundable $100 Registration fee. Please also submit an up-to-date Physician’s Statement of Health, with Mantoux TB test, and text copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Transfer Credits: Course Transfer: If a student currently has a Certificate from another Licensed School of Massage Therapy (minimum 100 clock hours), and would like to continue their hours at Massage Academy of the Poconos, LLC they must meet the following requirements:
- General Admissions Requirements
- Take a written and practical exam with a score of 75% or higher (if applicable)
- Certification within the past 5 years of start date.
Admittance to the program will be assessed on an individual basis, with the approval of the Massage Therapy Director. Tuition will be adjusted accordingly for the student.
Schedule: This part-time program will follow PM class schedule (and/or AM schedule as available)
Evening program (+ some possible weekends) : 3 nights a week: 6pm-10pm (Days vary per class) It will take approximately 1 year to complete the P/T Evening program
Daytime program (when available): 3 days a week: 9am-3pm (+ some weekends) It will take approximately 9.5 months to complete the P/T Daytime program
Tuition: Total program fee= $6,400 ($6,300 plus $100 Registration fee)
In House Financing Options:
The following Payment Options are possible, with NO finance fees or student loans after graduation!
1) Payment taken in full at time of Enrollment.
All of the following options will require a credit check to determine which loan you qualify for. A co-signer may be required.
2) Payment over duration of class.
3) A down-payment of at least $1,500-$2,000, + monthly payments throughout class duration, in order to pay tuition in full by graduation.
The following financing options will vary depending on your down payment, interest rate fees and duration of loan.
Loans offered: 12 month /18 month / 24 month options. Interest rates will vary depending on your credit reports and co-signer (if needed).
Past Students have also utilized:
1) Credit Card, Credit Union, Personal Bank Financing
2) Family-member Loan/ Assistance
3) Savings account
We can provide contact information for various possible scholarships & tuition reimbursement plans that may be available at the time of your enrollment.
Class Size: Our average class is 8 -15 students
After graduation, you are required to take the MBLEX exam in order to obtain a Massage Therapy License. You will need to pass the exam to obtain a License and practice in the State of Pennsylvania- as well as other states, should you plan to get licensed and practice outside of PA.
Your Future in Massage Therapy:
Massage Therapists are in demand. There are many opportunities in the Poconos as well as the Lehigh Valley area. Possible work opportunities include (but are not limited to): Chiropractor/Medical/Physical Therapy Office, Spa, Fitness Center, Mobile Massage Service, Massage Franchise, and/or Private Practice.